About the Production
Healing Wars is a multisensory experience that blends dance, storytelling and multimedia in an exploration of how soldiers and healers cope with the physical and psychological wounds of war. Incorporating narratives from the American Civil War, as well a remarkable performance from a young Navy veteran, this powerful piece asks how we as a nation recover from what seems like endless battles.
Your performance begins with a prologue where you will walk through a series of vignettes and encounter characters from the piece before they appear onstage. This remarkable event takes you to backstage areas never seen by audiences and introduces the haunting and poignant atmosphere of Healing Wars. We encourage you to arrive early to participate in the newest Without Walls experience.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early and line up in the designated area. Signs will guide the way.
- There is walking, stairs and low lighting in some areas.
- If you are unable to participate in the pre-show experience, a House Manager will take you directly to your seat.
- Onstage portion runs approximately 60 minutes without an intermission.
- Contains brief nudity and atmospheric effects, including haze and simulated explosions.
is a choreographer, performer, writer, educator and speaker. She has spent the past four decades making her artistic research personal, funny, intellectually vivid, and up-to-the-minute. She founded Liz Lerman Dance Exchange in 1976 and cultivated the company's unique multi-generational ensemble into a leading force in contemporary dance. She has been the recipient of numerous honors, including a 2002 MacArthur ""Genius Grant,"" a 2011 United States Artists Ford Fellowship in Dance, and the 2014 Dance/USA Honor Award.
- FRI: 8:00pm
- SAT: 2:00pm and 8:00pm
- SUN: 2:00pm and 7:00pm
EXTENDED RUN DATES AVAILABLE
September 29 – October 25, 2015
Click here to purchase tickets for extended dates.
Forum Theatre, Festival Village