- What a thrill to be honored for the art we produce and the way we produce it! A few shows developed right here at La Jolla Playhouse received 13 Tony Award nominations, plus the institution received the highest rating (4 stars) from Charity Navigator. UT San Diego has a re-cap of the Tony Award nominations here. Click here to see a full list of nominees.
- Hands on! We posted production photos from our exciting, world-premiere musical Hands on a Hardbody. Check them out on our Facebook page or on Playbill.
- San Diego is excited about Hands on a Hardbody! Check out this video feature from NBC San Diego, Jazz 88‘s radio interview with playwright Doug Wright and this feature in Relix Magazine, featuring an interview with co-composer Amanda Green.
- Play ball! This Monday, the Hands on a Hardbody cast will be performing the national anthem at the Padres game. Plus, co-composer and Phish front man Trey Anastasio will be throwing the first pitch. Learn more here.
- Tickets are now on sale for our exciting spy thriller Blood and Gifts, re-imagined classic An Iliad and the Pulitzer Prize-winning play Glengarry Glen Ross. Get your tickets here.
- Mark your calendars! Out & About, our pre-show mixer for the LGBT community, will now be held on Friday, June 1. Details here.
- We had a fantastic time at Art Walk in Little Italy last week. Here are photos of some of the folks who stopped by to get their hands on our Hands on a Hardbody truck.
Allison Case (seated on truck) and the cast of La Jolla Playhouse’s world-premiere, commissioned musical HANDS ON A HARDBODY