Weekly Wrap Up: January 13, 2012
Happy Friday the 13th! Here’s some of the things that happened at the Playhouse this week:
- We announced our 2012 POP Tour production: Recipe for Disaster, a co-commission with Arizona’s Childsplay, that will tour San Diego schools January – March. UT San Diego has the details.
- Set your DVRs! Anna Deavere Smith’s Let Me Down Easy will be featured on KPBS during “Great Performances” this Sunday at 12:30 pm. (Cable 11, Cox 1011, Time Warner 15-1). Last spring, we presented this powerful drama at the Lyceum Theatre with San Diego REPertory Theatre and Vantage Theatre.
- We introduced you to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, who originally commissioned American Night: The Ballad of José. Don’t miss the show’s premiere at the Playhouse on January 27! Click here for more info.
- The one and only Sandra Berhnard is coming to the Playhouse for a limited engagement (March 14-17)! Read her bio here.
- The Second City is bringing its Laugh Out Loud Tour to the Playhouse (March 21-24). Learn more about this celebrated comedy empire.
- We posted new footage of Adam Pascal performing as Huey Calhoun in the Playhouse-developed musical Memphis on Broadway. Watch the video.